What Does the Solar Panel Installation Process Look Like?
We understand that the idea of solar panel installation can seem overwhelming, but the process is much easier than many people think. Here’s a quick outline of the Colorado solar panel installation process, so you know what to expect.
1. Planning the Solar Panel Installation
Planning is the first stage in any solar panel installation process. You’ll want to meet with your installer in person to identify the best way to add solar panels to your home. It’s important to install solar panels on a roof that can support their weight and that gets plenty of sunlight. Your installer should be able to show you mock-ups of what your home will look like once the installation is complete. The initial drawings can be turned into a technical design, which can be used to apply for a permit and submitted to the local utility company for approval.
2. Installing the Solar Panels
Once you’ve finished planning and obtained the relevant permits, the actual installation process is relatively quick and easy. Installers can usually complete the installation within a few days. First, installers mount the modules onto the roof and wire the system. Next, a local inspector comes to review the structural and electrical work to make sure that everything is up to code. After the inspector gives a final sign off on the work, it’s time for the utility to come out and install a special meter, which allows you to feed electricity back into the grid in exchange for savings on your electricity bills.
3. That’s It!
Yes, solar panel installation really is that simple. All you have to do is plan the installation in association with your solar installer, then wait while your installer mounts the solar panels in place. Once the installation is complete and the new meter installed, the panels can help you start saving money on your energy bills.
Hopefully, we’ve helped you see that the solar panel installation process isn’t too daunting. If you’re still not sure whether solar panels are right for you, come and explore more common solar energy questions, or contact us for a free Colorado solar panel installation quote.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Solar Panels: Optimizers vs. Micro-Inverters
- Environmental Impact of a Single Solar Home
- What happens when your solar system gets hit by hail?
- Are Solar Warranties Transferrable to a New Homeowner?
- Do I Need a New Roof Before I Get Solar Panels?
- Do Solar Panels Produce on Cloudy Days
- Can HOAs prevent us from getting solar?
- What is Net Metering?
- How Do Solar Panels Perform During Winter?
- What Are the Financial Incentives When You Invest In Solar For Your Colorado Home?
- DIY Solar Panel Installation: Can I Install My Own Solar Panel?
- Can Solar Energy Ever Fully Replace Fossil Fuels?
- What are the 3 Main Benefits of Energy Independence?
- How Do Solar Panels Work?
- How Do I Know if Solar Panels Work on My Denver Home?
- What Does the Solar Panel Installation Process Look Like?
- How Much Maintenance Do Solar Panels Require?
- How Does Solar Energy Help the Environment?
- How Many Residential Solar Panels Do You Need?
- What Happens to My Solar Energy Production When the Days Get Shorter?