EcoMark Solar’s “Kilowatt Can Drive” donation goes to Metro Caring
Today, EcoMark Solar employees Colin Seely, Jen Siler and Leila Kitts completed the “Kilowatt Can Drive” by donating the food collected in November and December of last year.
EcoMark Solar donated one food item for every kilowatt of solar sold and installed from 11/1/17-12/31/17.
Today they were able to donate all of that food (1220 items and 872 pounds of food) to a Colorado-based organization called Metro Caring – an organization chosen by EcoMark Solar employees for its work in the community and for its core objective: Sustainable Hunger Prevention. Metro Caring works to attain their objective by addressing the root cause of hunger: poverty. Metro Caring provides nutritious groceries to their hungry Denver-area neighbors, as well as offering them comprehensive, wrap-around anti-poverty programming so that families can break the cycle of food insecurity.
EcoMark Solar, a fellow Colorado-based company, works to help support their Colorado neighbors through contributions to worthwhile causes, especially those who also seek to “empower” their clientele. In addition to the donation, EcoMark Solar salutes Metro Caring for a job well-done and for their commitment to helping their Colorado friends and neighbors. For more information about Metro Caring or to make a donation, visit their website.
As a company, EcoMark Solar employees enjoyed this year’s Kilowatt Can Drive and they want to say thanks to all those who purchased a solar system during November and December – making this donation possible.
On behalf of their employees, EcoMark Solar says, “Thank you Colorado! We love you!”
- On “Colorado Gives Day”, EcoMark Solar Donates $20,000 and over 3,000 cans to seven Colorado Charities
- Choosing Solar Also Means Choosing to Help Those in Need
- Colorado’s Solar Power Leader is Making Changes to Help Even More Coloradans
- Colorado-based EcoMark Solar Recognized on National Stage
- Hail Hits – EcoMark Solar is There
- The EcoMark Foundation Completes its 2017 Year of Giving
- Local Colorado Springs Solar installer expands to larger offices
- Benefits of Buying Colorado Solar
- EcoMark Solar breaks records in 2017 – looks forward to a great 2018
- Solar Tariffs Hit Hard, but the Solar Industry Will Still See Significant Growth in 2018